Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

    Got ten 15" woofers working now in what is basically a 20' by 20' room. Picked up a pair of Peavey SP-4's for $250 w/ no issues, rattles, or buzzes. Each cabinet has dual 15" Black Widows and a radial horn in it. They appear to be an older version of SP-4's, but for that much $$ they sound great. The low end and midrange out of them is o.k., the highs - definitely not up to par with Altec or JBL, but ....... that's a lot of bang for the buck. With the $$ I got from selling four JBL 4311 studio monitors (that I never used....), my net cost for the pair of SP 4's was 75 bucks. Sorry OG, I know you're not much of a Peavey fan....... but I couldn't pass 'em up. And I found another newer pair of SP-4's for $300 that will be in my garage soon.

    There's two brand new JBL 2225's (re-coned w/ JBL parts...) in one of the Altec 210's, and some old Eminence 15's in the other. The bottom 2 cabinets are empty right now. Need to buy one more 16 ohm 2225, and get my other 2225 and four Altec 515's reconed.

    Picked up a newer pair of Peavey SP-2G's too for another $300. Each trapezoid shaped cabinet has a single 15" Black Widow and a horn in it.

    So for now I've got 10 working 15" woofers. When I'm done I'll have 18. The low end hits so hard it's incredible. Even at really low volumes, I can dial it in to where it sounds full, rich, and snappy. All of the Peavey cabinets are hooked up at the moment as surround speakers running off of a new 500 watt (100 x 5 ch.) Sony receiver.

    It really, really thumps.

    If I can save up some more $$ down the road, I'd like to sell the SP-4's and upgrade to some JBL SRX 725's w/ dual 15's in them. That's gonna cost me tho........

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

    No pictures..... didn't happen

    I've always been curious about those Peavey folded horns..... that is what you have, right?

    Your post gives me motivation to get my Butterflys up and running...... I sort of lost momentum on them after a tough week that included having my computer all screwed up.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

    Oh..... as long as your going to be taking pictures to prove your latest acquisitions..... how about a new avatar?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Angry Re: Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Oh..... as long as your going to be taking pictures to prove your latest acquisitions..... how about a new avatar?
    Oh, j e s u s c h r i s t even the avatars didn't carry over.....

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
    ......even the avatars didn't carry over.....
    I don't really think avatars are that big of a deal...... I like my new one much better than the one I had before....... this one actually shows up correctly!

    The one issue that does bother me, is the screwed up old posts.....quotes and pictures are screwed up because the brackets....[ and ]..... didn't get carried over correctly. I've mentioned this to Steve, the Hostboard owner, but I was offline for a week and haven't checked to see if anything has been done about it.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ten 15's in a 20 x 20

    1

    2

    3

    4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.